Thursday, February 18, 2010

Traveler

Anchor quick stitch kits have always tempted me to do one completely for myself. I and my sister had done one each during my school days, but then that was not completed and hence not framed. This one too was completed some months back, but framed only recently! This design is from the Anchor Flash Frame Series and is called "Traveller". Since stitching is always to be done with darker colors first and then the lighter shades, this initially did not look very appealing with black and brown scattered here and there. The stitching part was a little complicated too, especially inside the cart and the bulls, but the final product is so good that I have no words to explain! :D The best compliment I received for this was by my little nephew. He asked,”Chitte (aunty)….did you make it or buy it??!!” Oh…I was so happy!! Though only 5 yrs old, he already has good observation skills and an interest towards arts. Hmmm...following his aunt’s steps, is he??!! :D


Work in progress...

2 comments:

  1. Nannayittundu Smii...
    Nalla kastapettu alle? Athinulla bhalam kitti kettoo.. nalla bhangi undu..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ippozha Lekshmi messages ellam kaanunne..nandi nandi.. :)

      Delete