Friday, April 30, 2010

RadheShyam

This idea occurred to me when I was deciding on what to gift my sister and jeeju on their wedding anniversary. I wanted it to be something special and something that conveys the message of togetherness. Being a Krishna devotee, this was the first picture that came to my mind. I started by making a sketch of Krishna and Radha. With my limited skills in drawing, I made a rough copy and then copied it to black chart paper. I didn’t need to give much attention to facial features and other details since this was not going to be a painting. Once the picture was copied, I applied fevicol (the free-flow one that comes with a nozzle bottle) on the lines, working in sections. Then sprinkled glitter on the fevicol, allowed it to sink in for some time and tapped the picture on some paper to remove glitter from areas outside the fevicol lines. I wanted the highlight to be on Krishna’s peacock feathers and hence used green and blue glitter there. Once all fevicol lines were covered with glitter, I blew away all excess glitter. Finally, I’ve created a simple frame using newspaper rolls and painted it golden to match the picture. With a cardboard back-support and a triangular cardboard piece to make the picture rest on, my RadheShyam was complete. My sister and jeeju really did like their anniversary gift and now wants me to make a bigger one! Hmmmm….now that is something I’ll have to think about… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment