Thursday, July 7, 2011

Karigari


This one is from the Anchor quick-stitch kits’ range of Masterpiece series. This was my longest project till date, taking almost 2 yrs from the time I started the embroidery till the final framing!I actually went very slow with this, keeping it aside for one or two months at a stretch and then coming back to it with renewed interest and energy. Though it prolonged the duration, doing it in breaks helped me in focusing on every detail in the picture.  Another memory linked with this project is that it was started long before I conceived my son Sidharth and I continued doing this till he was 3-4 months old. In fact, I remember doing this on the morning that I had contractions, not realizing that I was in real labor! :)

I always have less patience for embroidery and the sample final picture that they display on the kit was my sole inspiration to complete it. Handling and safe-keeping this large size fabric required extra care compared to the earlier ones I’d done. The black stitch in the background was supposed to be continuous stitches according to the instruction sheet, but that was too much for me, what with many threads inter twining on the other side and the fabric getting pulled at uneven tensions! I had to redo that portion with an un-noticeable break in between, but I guess I have succeeded in concealing it. Together with the right mount and wooden frame, this “karigari” is truly my masterpiece! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment