Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Floral wreath with bird and nest

Unlike the completely floral wreaths, I’ve added a bird and nest to my wreath arrangement. The idea for this kind of wreath originated when I found a broken plastic lid at my sister’s place! Yes, that is the base used for this wreath arrangement. First of all I’ve covered the plastic base with green organti and green wires. The red and white roses were made out of organti and then arranged together with artificial leaves. I've used ordinary fabric for the bird. For the nest I’ve made use of a piece of plastic bottle wrapped in brown paper and randomly stuck small bits of corrugated sheets on it. 3 eggs made out of stockings material were included inside the nest. Since I'd obtained the idea and the base material from my sister's place, I finally gifted the completed wreath to my sister. There, a broken lid transformed into a beautiful piece of wall-hanging, my little creation now proudly hangs in their home. :)

More pictures below.












2 comments:

  1. Oh my god Smitha!! This one is absolutely brilliant!! Lovely to see that in this day and age (of play-doh and Lego) you are still using simple art and craft ideas to lend a magical touch to unused or waste materials! Excellent. Here's a hug from me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janani! Sorry about the extremely late reply, I just happened to check my blog after very long! Thank you so much :)

      Delete