Monday, June 28, 2010

Rock Garden Waterfall



This was done as part of my newly found interest in gardening and landscaping. We’d bought a few plants for our balcony and I wanted something creative and colorful to go along with them. Since my first idea is always to create something myself before looking up to professional services, I started drafting the process of making this artificial water(less) body. As always, my base material for the entire project was newspaper. I made rocks out of unevenly folded newspaper chunks and the fence with newspaper rolls. The base for the entire set of rocks was a cereal box cut into a corner-fit shape. Painting was done with the main intention of making it as much life-like as possible, but the water part proved difficult since I wanted it to have a 3D effect as well. I made use of cling film and painted over it for the flowy effect, but that didn’t turn out as expected. Nevertheless, the entire product did finally add color and creativity to our balcony. But alas, actual water in the form of rain ruined my artificial waterfall! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment