Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Utility Stands



My elder sister has all of a sudden developed this craze for bangles! Luckily for me, she gave me an order to think of making a stand for her latest collection and this is what I came up with. Like always, my base for the entire stand was newspaper and metal wire. Unfortunately, this was not sturdy enough to hold her glass bangles and they would always topple off! :( hmmm…I should’ve made a stronger base structure.





My mother and sister have stainless steel and plastic stands adorning their kitchens.  I wanted one too and that is how I decided to make one of my own. It was actually not that difficult! I used old cardboard boxes of cereals, shoe boxes and the like as the different sections of the stand, joined them with fevicol, gave them a wooden textured paint effect and decorated them with dried water melon seeds. Now, that is truly eco-friendly!  Unfortunately though, this did not last long since the boxes could not withstand sufficient weight and gradually began to sag :(

No comments:

Post a Comment