Friday, March 5, 2010

Modern Art!

I learnt this art through Neil Buchanan’s Art Attack. He showed this simple, easy and effective way of creating a modern art. First draw around some objects like a mobile phone, a greeting card, a bangle, etc. with some of them overlapping each other. I’ve made use of my mobile, a TV remote, my wax-crayon box outline and a few freehand geometrical and non-geometrical shapes. The next step is painting. The point to remember here is, in Neil’s words,”Do not use the same color on two sections that are next to each other”. And that’s it! It really did look like some complicated modern art! I’ve gone one step further and tried to frame it myself using cardboard and cling film. Since this being my first attempt, handling the cling film was real tough and it showed up wrinkles in the corners. Nevertheless, I think it is a good piece of modern art!

No comments:

Post a Comment