Thursday, March 4, 2010

Satin Ribbon Cushion Cover

The face of this cushion cover was made entirely of satin ribbon. I’d bought these ribbons for making satin roses, but later realized that their width was not enough to turn them into roses. They’d been lying in my materials basket since long. That is when I saw this method of cross-weaving with satin ribbons on the net. Though the process was actually simple, it needed quite some amount of patience to handle these silky soft ribbons. Finally when the cross-weaving was done, I attached the edges to red satin ribbon and then fabric for the inside and back of the cover. Since my sewing machine is still under repair, I had to use fabric glue to hold the pieces together. Working with fabric glue is much easier and lesser time consuming than stitching, but I still doubt on the strength of the glue. Anyways, hoping this lasts long.

4 comments:

  1. Adipoli aayittundu Smiii..
    Last cheyyunnundo glue..
    next time cheyyumbo stitch cheythu nokku...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty, love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi..just happened to check my blog after many years! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  3. Lekshmii..njan othiri late aayittanu msg kandathu! Glue seems to be lasting, stitched cusion covers ithu varem try cheythilla, cheyyam :)

    ReplyDelete