Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fabric Art


These were done using fevicryl hobby ideas acrylic colors and 3-D glitter outliner (on the abstract design). Since I’d done a 2-month tailoring course at Kerala, I wanted to combine the two and came out with these – a peacock design (my peacock looks a little scared?! :( ) fabric painted on a self-sewn cushion cover, a Ganesha wall-hanging done using stencil technique with a border (taken from  amma’s blouse piece), an abstract wall-hanging on a blue shiny cloth(again, amma had actually given me for practising sewing a blouse! ;-)) and a self-made small handbag with vegetable printing. Vegetable printing was nothing new to many of us since we’d all done it back in school days. Here I have made use of carrots for the green rectangular border, beans for the red/orange circles and potato for the yellow triangles. Working with potatoes is not very easy and the pattern does not come very uniform, but the end result has an earthy feel to it. My husband always says there is some beauty in the asymmetry of hand-made products. True, isn’t it? :)


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment