Saturday, August 31, 2013

Paper Quilling

I just loved quilling! The details, the shapes, the intricacies...altogether this was the best part of the TTP workshop for me. I’d seen pictures and was notified on a few quilling workshops, but did not find it interesting then. Since this was part of the training programme we had to do it. And I was extremely happy that I did it! :)

At the workshop they taught us different quilling shapes and a few tools used for quilling. As part of the homework, my internet research led me to this website


This is an amazing site where she explains different kinds of flowers, and even an easy-to-do frame to display the final quilled product. I still have to try the frame, but the fringed flowers proved easy and inspiring. 

The first one was done on a hand-made paper bag, the second one was on an envelope and the third is on my all-time favourite medium, newspaper! ;-) I still need to get a hang on not letting the quilling strip go up and down while rolling it, without using a coach, but am definitely gonna keep practising this, and hopefully update them in this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment