Friday, September 6, 2013

For my Sis


My sister’s birthday this year was special, why? Because it was her first birthday after I’d attended the TTP workshop! I had to be creative this time rather than give her a greeting card.
The shilpkar and canvas board art I did at the workshop had not come out as good as expected. So I took this as a chance to try it again. I thought about the background, the images, the content and the border designs for a long time before coming up with this. The final product depicts an interesting time-pass that I and my sister shared during our growing-up days. That was the time when we were crazy about Shahrukh Khan movies and loved DDLJ, KKHH and the like. We used to buy audio cassettes (CDs were not popular then) of all movies, by heart the lyrics given in the booklet and sing along while playing those in my sister’s favourite music player. Oh, such fun we’ve had! So, in my gift, the girl on the left is my sister, the one on the right is me, both of us holding the booklet, and loud music being played on the top-right music player. Interesting isn’t it? :) but I still need to give it some back-end support, since it only leans against some support. Nevertheless , it now leans proudly against my sister’s cubicle desk. She loved it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment